Tuesday 24 July 2007

Inverness to Conon Bridge- Fond farewells


It was hard to wave goodbye to Chip, Ann & Linda at the bus station. To say I'd had a "good week" would be an understatement. It had been the tonic I needed to keep me going. It was also hard to leave Inverness,with a rest day ahead, something I could put off until tomorrow...tonight I had to B&B hop (vacancy problems). Next door but one wasn't an option as the proprietor couldn't find his guest book and while I waited for him to find it, I glanced into the dining room. To be confronted with a life size model of Elvis Presley, resplendant in silver glittery jacket, was enough to put anyone off their breakfast. This guy was a serious fan, Elvis memorabilia adorned every space in the room, so it was with some relief that I booked into next door but two.





In the morning I made my way to the Cathedral to light another candle before heading out over Kessock Bridge onto the Black Isle. (not black, or an Isle) making the most of the quiet country road alongside the Beauly Firth, knowing that before to long, all that was ahead of me was the A9...


No comments: