Sunday 22 April 2007

Rest Day!

This was my first proper rest day as the other rest days was spent catching up on mileage. It was a strange feeling, not getting up and getting prepared for another day's walk. I spent the morning catching up on the computer and then got the park and ride into Exeter. It was a bit of a culture shock, all these shops, all these people. It felt weird going into town with a shopping list. Top of the list was a trip to Millets to buy a map measurer. The pedometer was seriously unreliable (Kenny - I have tried lots of different paces and it still says I've only done 3 miles, when the map clearly says 6).
The other reason for my trip into Exeter was to meet a friend from home who happened to be on a course here. We met outside the Cathedral and spent a couple of hours chatting and catching up. Her mission was to report back to HQ URC that I was alive and well with no blisters. Sitting in the sunshine outside the Cathedral, I almost forgot that tomorrow I was back on the trail and I also had some washing to do.
So, back at Yvonne's I was at the belfast sink, washing, scrubbing, rinsing, wringing and hanging out to dry. If Launceston was the 1970s, this washing palava was like going back to the '30s! (Let's hope Jane's washing machine hasn't packed up).

1 comment:

kenny said...

Carol -
I got the pedo free in the mail from an auto insurance company. Probably works best when riding in an auto. Throw it in the river and see if it floats! KBO .. keep on blogging.